Re: [Savannah-register-public] Re: submission of CJK-LaTeX - savannah.no

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Savannah-register-public] Re: submission of CJK-LaTeX - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 07:06:43 +0200 (CEST)

> > Folks, may I ask again whether it's possible, similar to GNU
> > lilypond, to use git for my project?  Can you activate it?
>
> Git doesn't have a proper integration and automation through Savane,
> so we essentially are testing it. If you acknowledge the "beta"
> status and provide feedback, there's no problem with activating a
> git repo for your project.

This is fine with me!  LilyPond's git repository works just fine; the
only thing I'll then need is to write a script to get snapshot
tarballs once or twice a day (or after a change).

> Afaics Sebastian is waiting for a version of your project with
> proper notices, suitable for public release at Savannah.  From your
> answer in the future ("I will") I can't determine whether your
> tarball has that or not, maybe you can clarify :) For now the
> project is still in "pending" mode.

Ah, ok.  Well, I've replied that as the maintainer of GNU troff, I
believe that you can trust me to do that as soon as the git repository
is in place.  I would like to continue the repository without any
intermediate changes.  In case this isn't possible, please tell me.
Otherwise, I ask you to import the CVS; within the next days I would
add the missing copyright notices.

    Werner