[Savannah-register-public] [task #6379] Submission of ProxyManager

From: Patrick Camus
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #6379] Submission of ProxyManager
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 14:57:09 +0000

Hi Romain,

"So it only leaves the problem of jdom."

Unfortunatly, we cannot say that !!

There are still two license problems. You can have a look at
<http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html>. Here you can see the
official position of the FSF about the Apache License 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0. It
state that these licenses are incompatible with the GNU GPL.

Concerning the JDom license, we are thinking that it is not compatible with
the GNU GPL too. We can ask a confirmation at address@hidden (may take a
while) to clarify the situation. The points 3 and 4 restrict name usage.
These restriction make the JDom license incompatible with the GNU GPL.

Alternatively we may ask to the JDom developers to change their lincense to a
compatible GNU GPL license (Expat/MIT/X11 or revised-BSD).

Do you agree with one of the previous propositions ??

Cheers.

  Message posté via/par Savannah