[Savannah-register-public] [task #6379] Submission of ProxyManager

From: Romain PELISSE
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #6379] Submission of ProxyManager
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:12:33 +0000

Ok, sorry for the delay i've been quite busy this last week.

I'll try to answer everything :

1. About GCJ: my project runs fine with it... It's no big surprise, it's pure
simple, java.

2. About Java and GPL. I believed Sun has released the Jdk 6 under GPL but
however they have not. They'll probably do so for jdk7 so... Anyway, my stuff
works with GCJ so this not a real issue here...
(Sun has declared several month ago that the company will release JVM code
under GPL, just google Java GPL and you'll find many data about it)

3. "And finally and unfortunatly, the Apache licence, Version 2 and 1 are
incompatible with the GNU GPL"

Here i have to disagree. Apache Licence are permissive, everybody take apart,
redistribute and even SELL it along with some ohter code. Here I just those
two component but i don't compile against them.

I want my software to free so if there is REALLY a problem with those
licence, because my code to "tight" with it, i COULD refactor it to the jvm
logging API ( which is awfull) and even the JVM XMP parser ( which even more
awfull)...

  Message posté via/par Savannah