[Savannah-register-public] [task #6179] Submission of KISS PascalScript

From: Stephan Peijnik
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #6179] Submission of KISS PascalScript
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:55:36 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => sp

Hi Jorge,

I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah. While
doing so I have noticed a few problems which are described below.

First of all, in order to release your project properly and unambiguously
under the LGPL, please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy
statements at the beginning of every copyrightable file, usually any file
more than 10 lines long.

In addition, if you haven't already, please include a copy of the plain text
version of the GNU LGPL, available from http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.txt,
into a file named "COPYING".

If some of your files cannot carry such notices (e.g. binary files), then you
can add a README file in the same directory containing the copyright and
license notices. Check
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html for further
information.

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html#SEC4.

Please also note that the 'FREE FOR NON COMMERCIAL USE' restriction, which
can be found in your readme.txt file adds an additional restriction which
basically makes the software proprietary (freedom #0, 'the freedom to run for
any purpose', is removed) and hence disqualifies for hosting at Savannah.
Additionally this combined with licensing under the LGPL can and probably
WILL cause problems.
We need you to clarify that.

Additionally, your readme.txt states that the program is licensed under the
GPL, whilst your registration says that you want to license your project
under the terms of the LGPL. Please clarify this too.

Secondly, please determine if your project has both been tested on and also
runs on a free operating system (such as GNU/Linux).

The contents we have found at the URL you provided us with suggest that the
program is written for a proprietary operating system only. Please note that
we will not accept a project which cannot run on a free operating system.
Also, your program should work best, or at least equally good, on a free
operating system if you do support proprietary systems too.
We would really like you to clarify this point.

To help us better keep track of your registration, please use the tracker's
web interface following the link below. Do not reply directly, the
registration process is not driven by e-mail, and we will not receive such