[Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #5928] Submission of Manual del usu

From: Roberto Rodríguez
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #5928] Submission of Manual del usuario de GNU Emacs
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:13:26 -0300

2006/10/30, Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>:

First, I would like to ask you if you checked with the Emacs developers about
including your work directly in the Emacs repository.

 No, I didn't ask the Emacs developers about it, but I could in the future.
It will take some time getting to par with the original text, but once there's a full translation, it would be great to have Emacs distributed with translated manuals.

Copyright for work done on Emacs is usually transfered to the FSF. Did you do
so?

I intend to but haven't done it yet. Am I supposed to follow these instructions:

< http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/gnulib/doc/Copyright/assign.translation.manual?rev=1.1&root=gnulib&view=markup>

i.e. print the copyright assignment, sign it, and snail-mail it to rms?

Are you sure your project needs to patch Emacs? Maybe you should discuss with
the Texinfo developers to see how you can best install this translation
alongside the original manual :)

No, I'm sure there's a different scheme for installing several versions of the Info files. It's just that I haven't investigated it. Too busy with the translation :)