[Savannah-register-public] [task #5511] Submission of Niche

From: Sebastian Wieseler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5511] Submission of Niche
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 21:40:17 +0000

Hello.

After reviewing this submission again, we see that there exist some problems
with the license of Goole Maps.
(http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/help/terms_local.html)

"The photographic imagery made available for display through Google Maps is
provided under a nonexclusive, non-transferable license for use only by you"

Furthermore the service is only for "non-commercial" use and Google is not
the only copyright holder there.

Then the software itself is only available via a web browser.

So all in all we would consider this as totally non-free.
How do you plan to integrate this in your own software and how do you plan to
resolve this "non-free" dependence?

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5511>