[Savannah-register-public] [task #5531] Submission of Diplo - a long-ter

From: Markus Majer
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5531] Submission of Diplo - a long-term, web-based implement
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 13:46:24 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
The project account will remain inactive until a site admin approve or
discard the registration.

######### REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATION #########

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific "Group
Administration" page, accessible only to site administrators, effectively
logged as site administrators (superuser):

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=8539>

######### REGISTRATION DETAILS #########

Full Name:
----------
  Diplo - a long-term, web-based implement

System Group Name:
-----------------
  diplo

Type:
-----
  non-GNU software & documentation

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

------------
  "Diplo" will be a long-term, web-based game based on the board game
"Diplomacy".

It will be written in Python, and uses TurboGears as its web framework -
which includes Kid for templating the HTML, and the SVG files who are used to
show the maps (that is really new and will look awesome).

Also there will be portions in JavaScript, to do some AJAX magic on the web
interface.

"If you do not have any code to show yet, then say that explicitly."
Yes, we dont have any real code right now, a few files, but if we got
together the last conclusions, the first versions coming out fast, because we
have enough snippets to all our ideas.

We will use no GIFs, we use PNG. We dont use Flash, we use SVG. And we wanted
it to be under the GPL. For this, we would be happy to be hosted in the
Savannah :)

Other Software Required:
  * Python -> TurboGears

* SVG -> thats up to the user. FF 1.5 does it natively. For all others who
dont, there are free implementations

* Databases could be any type SQLobject (part of TurboGears) supports ->
SQLite, mySQL, PostgreSQL etc.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5531>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah