[Savannah-register-public] [task #5222] Submission of Hexadecimal Long F

From: Vansteenhuyse Hubert
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5222] Submission of Hexadecimal Long File Tool
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 19:00:23 +0100

Hello,

The code and binaries are available at
http://www.geocities.com/hvansteenhuyse/hxe.html
(this is not a temporarly location).
All the gnu linux references are modified in the tarrball and zip files
downloadable from this website.

Functional Description:
-----------------------
The tool is developped to view, modify and search large binary files without
using much memory. Help is available by typing :h <enter> from within the
user interface. Over time I intend to add some other functionalities or
improve the user interface.

Technical Description:
----------------------
The tool is written in the c language.

The code is build with G++ (GCC):
GNU Linux: gcc version 3.3.2 (kernel version 2.4)
Windows XP: MinGW (gcc for windows) version 3.4.2

Required Libraries:
-------------------
GNU Linux: ncurses library (I built it with version 5.3, but any version will
do).
Windows: no special libraries, the ususal MinGW packages.

Building the code:
GNU Linux: /hxe/bin/unix/make.sh
Windows: /hxe/bin/win/make.bat

I hope this satisfy your requests.
Best regards and thanks for your time and work spent on this,
Hubert.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5222>