[Savannah-register-public] [task #5161] Submission of Stribog the attitu

From: D.Ineiev
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5161] Submission of Stribog the attitude sensing platform
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 10:17:35 +0000

I'm sorry. my mind has missed something essential. COPYING is located in
stribog/ from 26i6-stribog.tar.bz2. actually every file in that archive has a
copyright+licence notice. either does in 2ii6-stribog.tar.bz2 (I've corrected
obsolete FSF address in some files and new sources have been added).

As for XBM, they are text files in the sense that they can be edited with a
text editor. when your humble servant cats such a file into an ASCII
terminal, he sees something like

#define info_width 10
#define info_height 9
static unsigned char info_bits[] = {
   0xff, 0x03, 0xcf, 0x03, 0xcf, 0x03, 0xff, 0x03, 0xc7, 0x03, 0xcf, 0x03,
   0xcf, 0x03, 0x87, 0x03, 0xff, 0x03 };

and nothing more. this can be even compiled with any cc.

Undisputably, XBM are not text files because they are normally edited with
graphic editors only: I know only one person who has ever modified an XBM
file with a text editor. if this is the  difference between texts and
graphics, gEDA symbols, schematic diagrams, PCB layout files are graphic
files, too: I made them with special graphic editors. the current version of
PCB has poor means for drawing footprints; in the past it had none, and now
it is uncertain, whether they are graphic or text.

I believe that the notices in README would be more adequate for those files.
copyright notes are naturally can be placed in relatively large schematic
diagrams, but when put in a symbol they take significantly more square on the
picture than the symbol itself. it is inconvenient to use such symbols in a
diagram. a similar situation takes place for printed circuit board layouts.
I've written the notices in a distinct copper layer. this makes some
difficulties for editing: the developer has to switch it off every time when
the file is opened and reject the GERBER file generated for that layer when
preparing the board for production.

Thank you for evaluating my project. it is really important for me to arrange
the sources correctly.

Take care

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: 2ii6-stribog.tar.bz2           Size:59 KB
FSF address in some sources corrected
<http://savannah.gnu.org/task/download.php?item_id=5161&item_file_id=401>

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5161>