[Savannah-register-public] [task #5189] Submission of Sibylle

From: Rafal Czlonka
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5189] Submission of Sibylle
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 21:56:26 +0000

While reading your project description of Sibylle, I've found two other
projects hosted at Savannah which have similar goals and use similar
software. One of them is PHPQuiz[1] and the other is phpTest[2]. Would
you consider joining one of them and combine you efforts? If your project
differs in great detail from either of them or is in much more advanced
stage and you still want to start a new project, you have to know that
there's one thing that might cause problem, It's the Flash countdown.
I don't know how exactly this is implemented, because you have provided
an invalid URI[3].

Could you please provide a valid URI so we'd be able to check the
project's documentation and source code, whether it complies with
the GNU GPL?

Could you also correct the description? There are minor typos, and French
words put in the middle of English sentences. The only language that all
of us at Savannah understand is English, so please use it as the primary
one.

Unless you aren't already using free software like Ming[4] or f4l[5]
to create the Flash files, we do have three solutions however:

1. You'll have to implement the countdown in some other way. If it's only
a countdown, I'm sure that wouldn't be too complicated.

2. We'll grant you the account to further develop Sibylle, but changing
the implementation of the counter would have to become priority for you.

3. The last solution would be to stay with Flash but use only free
software to do that. You could try either of the two mentioned above
or check OSFlash[6] for any additional software.

[1] https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/phpquiz/
[2] https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/phptest/
[3] http://sibylle.ouvaton.fr/
[4] http://ming.sourceforge.net/