[Savannah-register-public] [task #5079] Submission of cegcc (arm-wince-p

From: Pedro Alves
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5079] Submission of cegcc (arm-wince-pe toolchain)
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 23:18:29 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
The project account will remain inactive until a site admin approve or
discard the registration.

######### REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATION #########

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific "Group
Administration" page, accessible only to site administrators, effectively
logged as site administrators (superuser):

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=8223>

######### REGISTRATION DETAILS #########

Full Name:
----------
  cegcc (arm-wince-pe toolchain)

System Group Name:
-----------------
  cegcc

Type:
-----
  non-GNU software & documentation

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

------------
  Hi!

I have for the past months been working getting the WinCE (arm-wince-pe)
gcc/binutils/newlib/gdb crosscompiler toolchain in my spare time. I have many
patches sitting in my home computer. I want to have a central place were
people can get all my patches and complete tarballs for the toolchain, so I
can get more people involved in getting this port up to speed. I have been
working against gcc4.1cvs, and have made great progresses. I haven't started
the port from scratch, though, I have started by collecting patches found
scattered in the internet. But mainly the original sources were from
mamaich's version, which was based on gcc 3.3.3
(http://mamaich.kasone.com/fr_pocket.htm , seems to be down). I have spoken
with him, and he lost interest in it.

I am also porting Qt4 (www.trolltech.com) GPL to this crosscompiler, and am
almost finished. It would be great if I could host it all here. I have no
current place for you to get the sources. I can email you the patches if you
want.

Thanks for the attention
Pedro Alves

Other Software Required:
  gcc is gcc so the dependencies are well known,
and Qt4 is running against the native wince's win32, plus zlib and libpng.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5079>