[Savannah-register-public] [task #5029] Submission of k3dsurf

From: Sebastian Wieseler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5029] Submission of k3dsurf
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 13:44:18 +0000

Hello.

"I'll submit every new release to you but also to all other websites
(Kde-apps.org, sourceforge.net and freashmeat)." -- that what we understand
under the point "mirroring".

Savannah should be your first choice. That's why we only support free
software projects, which needs our services for the development. For example
we provide CVS, GnuARCH support, mailinglists etc.pp for them.

But we don't mirror _only_ free software project, without the developing
point.

Another point is:
"I'm submitting it to you because I want it to be 100% compatible with the
GPL licence", you can check it yourself by reading the license or by reading
the FAQ of this license.

"In order to release your project properly and unambiguously under the GPL,
please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy statements at the
beginning of every file of source code.

In addition, if you haven't already, please include a copy of the plain text
version of the GPL,
available from http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt, into a file named
"COPYING".

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.
To learn why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code,
for example,
see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude.";

So how do you plan to use Savannah exactly? Only for mirroring?

At second, you don't need to put a COPYING file into every sub-directory, one
in / is enough.

But please include copyright+license notices into your XML files too (.ui*,
.xpm).

For your .png files please put in their directories a README file and put
there the copyright+license notices down. See also
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html for that.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5029>