[Savannah-register-public] [task #4948] Submission of Object Relational

From: Diedrich Vorberg
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4948] Submission of Object Relational Membrane
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:50:00 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
The project account will remain inactive until a site admin approve or
discard the registration.

######### REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATION #########

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific "Group
Administration" page, accessible only to site administrators, effectively
logged as site administrators (superuser):

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=8135>

######### REGISTRATION DETAILS #########

Full Name:
----------
  Object Relational Membrane

System Group Name:
-----------------
  orm

Type:
-----
  non-GNU software &amp; documentation

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

------------
  The Object Relational Membrane is a Python package that provides the
functionality of an object relational layer like EJB or other persistence
storage systems. It is a thin compatibility layer between SQL table layouts
and Object Oriented Python. While providing a good deal of functionality, it
tries to be as small and simple as possible. It works with PostgreSQL and
MySQL.

Other Software Required:
------------------------
  Python (obviously)
MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
XIST (http://www.livinglogic.de/Python GPL'd Python module for XML handling.
XIST depends on a number of smaller packages you can aquire from the same
site, all of which are GPL'd and the Python XML library
http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/topics/ which has a number of licenses, all of
which allow the distribution of modified source code, though do not enforce
it)
psycopg (PostgreSQL Python Module, GPL)
Python MySQL Module (GPL)
eGenix Base Package

The fixedpoint module is optional and contains (as far as I can see) no
license information at all. I contacted the author to inquire but did not
receive any reply, yet.

Other Comments: