[Savannah-register-public] [task #4850] Submission of Gargi : Free Unico

From: Swapnil Krishna Hajare
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4850] Submission of Gargi : Free Unicode OpenType Font
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 04:17:49 +0000

  you said :
  "We wish to review your source code, even if it is not functional, to catch
potential legal issues early.For example, to release your program properly
under the GPL you must include a copyright notice and permission-to-copy
statements at the beginning of every file of source code."

  I want to bring to your notice that there is no separate source code for a
TTF font file. The font itself is kind of source code and any changes to be
done to the font can be done done directly to the TTF file. The link to TTF
file for current version of Gargi is
      http://www.janabhaaratii.org.in/janabhaaratii/src/fonts/gargi.ttf

 the page on which you will find this link and ChangeLog is

http://www.janabhaaratii.org.in/janabhaaratii/page_gen.php?lang=en&body=/download/download_font.html

  if you download this file and open it in any font editor capable of editing
OpenType tables (one such editor is fontforge - http://fontforge.sf.net), you
can make changes in every aspect of the font.

If the above link is not working, you may also download the TTF file from
        http://www.indictrans.org/src/fonts/gargi.ttf

Please feel free to ask anything else required.

Thank you

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4850>