[Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #4612] Submission of Project Gutenb

From: Sebastian Wieseler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #4612] Submission of Project Gutenberg Distributed Proofread
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:15:39 -0400

----- Forwarded message from Sebastien Blondeel <address@hidden> -----

From: Sebastien Blondeel <address@hidden>
To: Sebastian Wieseler <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [task #4612] Submission of Project Gutenberg Distributed Proofreade

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 07:52:36PM +0000, Sebastian Wieseler wrote:
> We can also approve project without source code, but if you upload something
> in planning phase it has to valid with our policy, too.

Let's do this then.

> We host free software projects and provide developer tools for the project
> maintainers and members.

Good. That is what I am looking for.

> But it's all /public/, because the code has to be open everytime. So if you
> would like to program on your own something, don't use Savannah.

That was not clear with me.

> So if you really care about privacy, how could be Savannah be useful for you?
> We don't host /private/ projects.

I will include copyright statements before uploading them to the CVS for
the first time since this seems so important to you. I was just finding
pointless to do that now in a hurry to show you the cleaned-up tarball.
I am planning to clean one file after the other, document it, see its
dependencies, upload it, etc.

My aim is to have the project be public in the end. I am just a little
afraid to have tourists, newbies and other beginners come and ask for
support while I am still polishing it and my alpha/beta-testers helping
with that.

To make things easier: consider I did not send you any tarball. Consider
I have a wonderful plan for a project and I am super confident I can
make it work. I will polish the legalese of every file while I upload it
for the first time, etc.

----- End forwarded message -----