[Savannah-register-public] [task #4564] Submission of Hurd's AlteRnative

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4564] Submission of Hurd's AlteRnative Development
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:56:52 +0200

Sergio, you still don't get it, ams-branch is not my branch.
Nobody has to talk to me to get something commited there.

The only rude one here is being you by quoting totally irrelevant
information that isn't even related to this.  Keep it technical, please.

Yes, it took 2 years for the ext2fs patch to get in, but since
there exists no released version of the Hurd, and everyone uses
CVS HEAD for their _daily_ use, we cannot commit something that big
without extensive testing, which it got during the 2 years.  Claiming
that the ext2fs patch only touches libpager is quite naive.
If a design issue is `not suitable', it can be fixed.  Infact,
most of your messages are just `Here is a patch, it does this, it is
really experimental', not a concrete question.

I hoped that one could discuss with you in a reasonable tone, but
it seems that you are not and never were interested in cooperating
with the Hurd project.  And that is sad.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4564>