[Savannah-register-public] [task #4407] Submission of crosstool

From: Sebastian Wieseler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4407] Submission of crosstool
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 17:34:55 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => frank_org

If you have got dependence with the patches (LGPL), there is no need to put
the whole project under the LGPL, because GPL and LGPL are compatible
licenses.
But I wonder a little bit, because the patches do not have any notices about
the license. As far as I know the patches need information about copyright
holder and license, too.

Some of your shell scripts lack information about license and copyright. In
order to release your project properly and unambiguously under the GPL, please
place copyright notices and permission-to-copy statements at the beginning of
every file of source code.

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.
To learn why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code,
for example,
see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude.

Your documentation files do not have any notices, too. We adviced to use the
GNU FDL for your documentation files.
In order to release your project properly and unambiguously under the FDL,
please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy statements after the
title page of each work.

In addition, if you haven't already, please add a copy of the FDL
(available from http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html in various formats) as a
section of your works , and as plain text in a file named 'COPYING'
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.txt).

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html#SEC4

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-howto.html also covers additional points,
including a smaller notice that you can use in auxiliary files

And last, the address of the FSF has changed, and is now:

  51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA  02110-1301  USA

Please update your license notices.

Updates versions of the GPL, LGPL and GFDL can also be found at:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.txt
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.txt

Please update the copy of the license (usually, the 'COPYING' file) in your
package as well.

You can find some background and a possible migration script at
https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=3766

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4407>