[Savannah-register-public] [task #4201] Submission of TooN

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4201] Submission of TooN
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 07:03:40 +0000

Hmmm, I've been seeing it done manually until now.

For example, the Emacs and the Savane projects:
- Emacs has all contributors assign their copyright to the FSF; then the
AUTHOR files contains a author-indexed list of changes
- In Savane we add contributors to AUTHORS.* and add copyright notices in
files modified by contributed patches.

I suppose that you could do a 'cvs log | grep author | dedicated_filter' to
get all the changes sorted by team member. However, with this you do not get
the patches contributed by people not registered in your project. To fix that
issue, maybe you could install a commit message policy that logs the copyright
holder of the change if different than the current CVS user, in a
automatically-retrievable way.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4201>

  Message posté via/par Savannah