[Savannah-register-public] [task #4089] Submission of USBB2K-API

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4089] Submission of USBB2K-API
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 20:04:44 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => Beuc

Please resubmit your project in English. English is the only language that
the whole Savannah team understand and is needed for transparency and
archival.

However, since I'm French I understood your request and have a few request
for your resubmission.

First, please include a (perhaps temporary) URL pointing to the latest source
code.  The description you gave when registering will not be read by the
general public.  If you are still concerned with privacy, however, you can
forward the code to me by email.

We wish to review your source code, even if it is not functional, to catch
potential legal issues early.

For example, to release your program properly under the GPL you must include
a copyright notice and permission-to-copy statements at the beginning of
every file of source code.  This is explained in
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.  Our review would help catch
potential omissions such as these.

Also, "Linux" is just a kernel of a more complex system that we like to refer
to as GNU/Linux, to emphasize the ideals of the Free Software movement.

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html.

http://www.pgt-linux.org/ looks broken. Can you check the URL?

Last, in your case, you might want to assign your copyright to the FSF, that
way it can defend your software in court. Contact address@hidden if you want
more information.

Regards.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4089>