[Savannah-register-public] [task #3975] Submission of UTMP Jeber

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #3975] Submission of UTMP Jeber
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 19:36:55 +0000

I understand the situation of your CVS repository.

First, back to the licensing question; if you can determine the license of
snprintf.c, you might want to use
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gnulib/gnulib/lib/snprintf.c?rev=1.6&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
instead :) We need a clear licensing of your files before to import them at
Savannah. Please fix this point.

About becoming part of GNU, it is not your choice in the first place. This is
the Savannah evaluation, to check whether your project complies with the
Savannah hosting rules (a subset of the GNU Evaluation policies), and get a
place to host your project. If you are approved at Savannah and want to be
dubbed GNU, then we usually approve your project as non-GNU and forward your
submission to the GNU Eval team.

It is up to you to decide whether or not you want to be GNU. Then of course,
the GNU Eval team and RMS will decide whether this can happen or not.

Can you precise this point?

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=3975>