[Savannah-register-public] [task #3934] Submission of GNU-WEBSHOP [used

From: Tom Van de Putte
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #3934] Submission of GNU-WEBSHOP [used to be TSE-Webshop]
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 13:12:46 +0000

Hello,

The problem I have is that I developed TSE Webshop as a fork on Phpshop for a
company called TSE. Since the company felled appart in a dispute (between me
and the only other employee - the company was our project) I wanted to put
the code save so I could still work on it and so could others. My ex-collegue
has been trying to prevent me from doing so. What I would like is to know how
I could make sure the code (which was developed as gnu/gpl) belongs to the
gnu project and is thus save from harm. But I still want to be the
main-maintaner of the project. I have my own fast web-server to host the
project (and dedicated documentation). Is there a way to become a official
(in the sence of registrated) part of the gnu?

comment #1

For now, I am working on further cleaning the code (the word TSE has to be
erased from the project.).
I opened a new website for the project I renamed EC-CMS (e-commerce and cms
application suite) "http://www.polemian.org/ec-cms/"; When the TSE company
split up I was finnishing the work on a secure payment system. That code has
never been released but will be soon.

When the project is registrated as gnu project and the name TSE does no
longer appear inside of it, the legal issue will be gone. (I hope). The
latest code release can be downloaded at the tse website
("http://tse.polemian.org/webshop/";) -> go to releases > v1.0beta.

regards,
tom.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=3934>