[Savannah-register-public] RE: [task #3791] Submission of Cross-Platform

From: T.J. Yang
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] RE: [task #3791] Submission of Cross-Platform Application Management
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 08:19:52 -0600

1. The creator of TWW tools from cross-platform application management is at http://www.thewrittenword.com

we are a customer of this software company. we= me and my employer, Motorola Inc.

2.  The source code is at  ftp://support.thewrittenword.com/dists/6.3/src/
     loook for sbutils-1.2.4, pbutils-1.1.12  and pkgutils-1.5.19

    unzip -d /tmp sbutils-1.2.4.[sb|pb] to see the source codes of sbutils
This distribution is compiled with vendor comipler, we want to lift this restriction and release a distribution compiled by gcc. We contract TWW to do the majority of work to have 6.3 package source modified to be able to compile by gcc(say 6.3gcc). we will release
    this  6.3gcc source tree on gnu.org if the project got approved.

3. The work we are doing includes porting TWW tool to other platforms that TWW is not supporting like linksys nslu2, Mac OS X, win32, Debian and Freebsd. This kind of efforts wil not sponsor by my employer becuase we don't use there OS for business.

4. I have been working on a bootstrap makefile to build TWW tools on different OS and package GNUstep for different OS using TWW HPMS tool. A wikbook in draft mode is at
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/CPAM_with_TWW
5.  A complete sample Makefile for win32 SFU is included as an attachement.
6. I believe there is no license issue because the TWW tools foundation I am building is in GPL mode.
    please let me know if find there is a legal issue.

Thanks for your time to review my porject request.

let me know  you have futher questions.

T.J. Yang