[Savannah-register-public] [task #3764] Submission of 3D Mesh Converter,

From: John Johnson
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #3764] Submission of 3D Mesh Converter, Poly Reducer, and Animator.
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 22:48:26 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

Site Admin. Approval/Edition URL:
 <https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=7340>

###### ORIGINAL SUBMISSION DETAILS ######

System Group Name:
-----------------
  meshconverter

Full Name:
----------
  3D Mesh Converter, Poly Reducer, and Animator.

Type:
-----
  non-GNU

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

Other License:
--------------

------------
  I would like to make a 3D Mesh conversion tool with animation support.
There are a lot of aspiring 3D game makers or hobbiests and many great free
engines. The problem I find is getting good mesh's and having the proper
animations for your project. This project will allow the user to convert
mesh's to a needed format as well as strip animations from files and apply it
to their character. It will also have a built in poly reducer so you can
import your favorite high poly model and export a low poly model with proper
textures as well as normal maps, light maps, bump maps. etc...

I do have a bit of code done already but do not have a place to host he
source code. That is where I was hopeing you would come in. So far it loads
obj files and exports .x files. (Still needs a bit of work to export .x files
with perfect texture coords)

Other Software Required:
  Visual Basic 6

Truevision3D (free download)

Other Comments:
  If you like I could email you the code I have so far. Please let me know if
there is space here to host this project as well. Thanks..

This item URL is:

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=3764>