[Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #3659] Submission of The FreeType P

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #3659] Submission of The FreeType Project
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:41:52 +0100

Hello,

As you could see I only have basic knowledge in licensing.

I suggest you contact the GPL Compliance Lab at address@hidden,
that provide legal assistance to free software projects.

You will be able to ask there for the preferred license header, and
for a confirmation about the GNU GPL-incompatibility of the FreeType
license.

If possible, please include address@hidden or at your
option address@hidden in Cc, so that we'll know the
next time :)

> By the way, we'll need to contact all copyright holders to perform the
> change. I'm mainly thinking about the code for the 'type42' driver here.

Do you mean there is still some GPL-incompatible code in FreeType? If
yes, then we may make the project private until this is fixed, as we
do not host GPL-incompatible code at Savannah.

--
Sylvain