[sr #110918] savannah emailed wrong address

From: Dave
Subject: [sr #110918] savannah emailed wrong address
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 11:07:14 -0400 (EDT)

Bug #63074 may offer an additional clue: Peter is listed in the cc list there
twice, once when I added him to the cc list, and once when he auto-added
himself by posting a comment.  But in one case his savannah username is listed
as "ptpi" and in the other as "PTPi".

These _should_ be the same user: observe that
http://savannah.gnu.org/users/ptpi and http://savannah.gnu.org/users/PTPi
point to the same page (user id #6531).  But also observe that the most recent
email savannah generated from this bug report (in response to its comment 17
today) went to both Peter's correct and incorrect addresses (as can be seen in
the mbox link posted in comment #1 here).

So this suggests that savannah is inconsistent in whether it considers
usernames case-sensitive: that even though part of savannah knows that ptpi
and PTPi are the same user, the cc-storing part of savannah is unaware of this
fact.  It also helps explain why Peter is being singled out: his is the only
savannah username in the groff project that uses mixed case; all the other
frequent groff contributors' handles eschew uppercase.

A further complication is that when I type "PTPi" in the cc field to add
him--the form that, under the above hypothesis, should work
correctly--savannah is converting this to "ptpi" when it stores the username
in the cc field, the form that I suspect is not working correctly.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110918>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/