[sr #110731] Profile padding: an option for declaring pl/1 skills is mis

From: Nicky McLean
Subject: [sr #110731] Profile padding: an option for declaring pl/1 skills is missing...
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 23:10:04 -0400 (EDT)

Ah, JCL. I recall a visit to Victoria University (NZ) in the late 1970s from
an IBM expert to expound on project control and introduce "structured
walkthroughs" (where the perpetrator describes their code to a listener who
attends in fact to sounds of uncertainty in the voice) and he described a
project involving 20,000 lines of pli that was successfully delivered with
this process in use. Then came incidental mention that it required some 80,000
lines of JCL for it to be run. I asked whether the majority of project
attention should be directed to the larger line count, but this caused
puzzlement as it was the pli project that was the subject of attention.
Possibly, the 80,000 referred to the as-expanded JCL statement count, as it is
a macro-based scheme that the ordinary writers of JCL employ.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110731>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/