[sr #110614] auctex-diffs emails should be in the same format as emacs-d

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [sr #110614] auctex-diffs emails should be in the same format as emacs-diffs
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 16:56:31 -0400 (EDT)

Update of sr #110614 (project administration):

             Assigned to:                    None => rwp

Follow-up Comment #3:

Good IRC ping.  It had slipped off my active to-do list.

The emacs hook uses a different program for emailing out the commit
notifications and the configuration is significantly different.  I
have cloned the emacs git commit diff configuration to auctex and then
modified it.  The previous hook contained this comment.

# The auctex group would like both short commit email to
# auctex-commit@gnu.org and longer full diff emails to
# auctex-diffs@gnu.org list.  This means multiple post-receive
# scripts and two email destination addresses.

[hooks]
        mailinglist = auctex-diffs@gnu.org

Therefore I configured it this following way.

[hooks]
        mailinglist = auctex-diffs@gnu.org
        refchangeList = auctex-commit@gnu.org

Where the following documentation applies.

multimailhook.mailingList
    The list of email addresses to which notification emails should be
    sent, as RFC 2822 email addresses separated by commas.  This
    configuration option can be multivalued.  Leave it unset or set it
    to the empty string to not send emails by default.  The next few
    settings can be used to configure specific address lists for
    specific types of notification email.

multimailhook.refchangeList
    The list of email addresses to which summary emails about
    reference changes should be sent, as RFC 2822 email addresses
    separated by commas.  This configuration option can be
    multivalued.  The default is the value in
    multimailhook.mailingList.  Set this value to "none" (or the empty
    string) to prevent reference change emails from being sent even if
    multimailhook.mailingList is set.

multimailhook.announceList
    The list of email addresses to which emails about new annotated
    tags should be sent, as RFC 2822 email addresses separated by
    commas.  This configuration option can be multivalued.  The
    default is the value in multimailhook.refchangeList or
    multimailhook.mailingList.  Set this value to "none" (or the empty
    string) to prevent annotated tag announcement emails from being sent
    even if one of the other values is set.

multimailhook.commitList
    The list of email addresses to which emails about individual new
    commits should be sent, as RFC 2822 email addresses separated by
    commas.  This configuration option can be multivalued.  The
    default is the value in multimailhook.mailingList.  Set this value
    to "none" (or the empty string) to prevent notification emails about
    individual commits from being sent even if
    multimailhook.mailingList is set.

git-multimail upstream is located at

https://github.com/git-multimail/git-multimail

I think that sets things up as requested.  Feel free to ask for
modifications to what I have selected.  I simply took my best guess at
what would be the new desired configuration.  Happy to tweak this
around as you wish.  Note that I am not a python person and so hacking
around on the program is best done by others.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110614>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/