Re: Decomissioning vaporware/obsolete/inactive GNU projects

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Decomissioning vaporware/obsolete/inactive GNU projects
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 10:48:57 -0400

41;344;0cOn Wed, Apr 07, 2021 at 04:29:30PM +0200, Jose E. Marchesi wrote:

> >> `pdf' can be decomissioned right now.
> >>
> >> As for the others, I guess we tried to contact the maintainers without
> >> success?
> >
> > All of those are without a maintainer at the moment.
>
> Then, if RMS agrees, I would suggest to move these projects to old-gnu/
> (for archiving purposes) and then close the corresponding savannah
> projects.

Generally we leave the savannah pages in place (we just mark them as orphaned,)
just
in case anybody wants to revive them at some point in the future.

There are also other tasks which need to be done, (as mentioned in the
howto-decommision
document which I referenced earlier.  For example to keep www.gn.org consistent
and
up to date.