Re: Final Mailbox De-activation Warning?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Final Mailbox De-activation Warning?
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 11:25:08 -0600

Hello Ali,

Ali Servet Donmez wrote:
> We've received an email to one of our mailing lists: www-tr-comm (AT gnu.org),
> however it has been held for moderation. I am not sure whether this is spam
> or actually some maintenance is going on… Could please anyone step in and
> let me know? Thanks.

It's spam.  Which is more obvious to those of us looking at a lot of
spam because we have seen the "mailbox deactivation" scam a godzillian
times already.  It's a flood.

Simply discard it.  Don't reject it.  It has a forged from address
which in this case would open a ticket in sysadmin but otherwise would
create a new "backscatter spam" to some innocent 3rd party who should
then validly report gnu.org as a spam source.

In the future the better place to ask these mailing list types of
questions is the address@hidden address.  Since it is a mailing list
thing.

Bob