git clone instructions need -b <actual branch>

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: git clone instructions need -b <actual branch>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 16:53:35 -0800

I recently migrated my Emacs ada-mode project
(https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/ada-mode/) to use savannah git;
previously I was using monotone hosted on a different server.

So all the branch names in git are the ones from monotone; something
like "org.emacs.ada-mode". In particular, there is _not_ a branch named
"master".

Thus the "git clone" instructions given on
https://savannah.nongnu.org/git/?group=ada-mode need to include "-b
org.emacs.ada-mode", to override git's default "master".

Is this possible?

If not, is there an easy way to define "master" as an alias for
"org.emacs.ada-mode", in a way that will not require maintenance in the
future?

--
-- Stephe

PS I tried to submit a ticket for this via
https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?group=administration (which is
where "Get Support" sends me), but there is no "new ticket" button
there; how am I supposed to submit a ticket?