[sr #110155] Can not "git fetch upstream" public repos

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [sr #110155] Can not "git fetch upstream" public repos
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2019 15:57:17 -0500 (EST)

Update of sr #110155 (project administration):

Follow-up Comment #4:

> Hello Bob,
>  Its definitely fine! Works like a charm now, I would say even faster than
before:)
> Thank you for quick response
> Burak

Thank you for the feedback!  The kind words are always appreciated. :-)

https should be okay to use.  It is only when we are suffering from a network
abuse attack that it suffers by being overloaded.  But it is https with a
Certificate Authority to verify the validity of the connection.

I'll go ahead and close this ticket. The problem with the git shared library
problem (it was libpcre of the wrong version) has been resolved by reverting
to the previous version.  And the root cause has been found to be the method I
was using worked for the old version but did not work for the new version.  I
will think of something different to do instead.

Thanks for the Report!

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110155>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/