[sr #110155] Can not "git fetch upstream" public repos

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [sr #110155] Can not "git fetch upstream" public repos
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 14:15:38 -0500 (EST)

Update of sr #110155 (project administration):

             Assigned to:                    None => rwp

Follow-up Comment #3:

Gack!  Thank you for the report!

Hopefully working now.  Please retry.

This was due to me upgrading git on the server last night and failing to
notice a shared library failure.  This was causing git clones using https to
fail.

Failure to notice is because with the DDoS the regression suite, which also
stresses the system, pretty much always fails due to being loaded along with
the ongoing network abuse.  So it was just me monkey testing after installing
the git upgrade.  I ran several commands and everything appeared to work.  But
I didn't clone.  So not really related to the DDoS and yet still related
because it was triggering me to do this type of maintenance.

I have reverted to the previous git version in order to restore things to a
working state.  I tested git clone and was able to clone a project.  Reverting
is the quickest way to get things going again.  I'll debug the shared library
problem and redo the upgrade.  And test that one better.

Very sorry for the breakage.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110155>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/