[sr #110149] No access right to CVS website repo

From: Tomas Pospisek
Subject: [sr #110149] No access right to CVS website repo
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 03:27:45 -0500 (EST)

[comment #2 comment #2:]

> Looking at the permission problem here I don't see anything in particular
that seems like a problem.

> [apparently sane filesystem permissions]
>
> And therefore I am a little flummoxed as to what might be wrong.

I'd suggest that a possible way forward would be do a strace of the cvs server
process when processing Eric's request. It should be possible then to see
which system call exactly returns a failure (probably by grep'ing the strace
output for "/web/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/,index.html,").

If allowing ports through on the firewall(s) is not complicated then the cvs
server could even be made to run on a different (additional) TCP port in order
to be able to separate the debugging of the problem here from normal savannah
traffic. That way it wouldn't interfere with normal services.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110149>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/