Re: savannah down; quitter.im/fsfstatus also down

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: savannah down; quitter.im/fsfstatus also down
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 14:16:43 -0700

Hi Paul,

Paul Eggert wrote:
> Currently I can't visit https://savannah.gnu.org (209.51.188.79), and the
> FSF status web page <https://quitter.im/fsfstatus> is also down. Savannah is
> not responding, and Firefox rejects the quitter.im URL, saying:

Please reference the updated URL:

  https://hostux.social/@fsfstatus

  We are experiencing a hardware failure in one of our servers, and we
  are working to repair it. The repairs will cause some downtime on
  debbugs.gnu.org h-node.org shop.fsf.org and savannah.gnu.org

Ian is at the datacenter working the problem since early this morning.
It seems there was a disk failure, and then a second disk failure
while trying to add a new disk in to address the first failure.  I
presume from some other hints that I have seen.

It would be nice to somehow intercept traffic for the down systems and
put up some type of notice.  Except I can't think of a way to do that.

All I can suggest is to stay tuned.

Bob