[savannah-help-public] [sr #109942] restore automake-commit mail?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109942] restore automake-commit mail?
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 03:31:33 -0400 (EDT)

I am not exactly sure what is going on with this hook and why it is not
functioning.  It looks like it should be working.  But I do agree that there
is nothing in the archive since 2017 and therefore somewhere it is not
working.  The configuration as set appears correct all around.

Because the current is not working, and an updated version of git_multimail
was available, I shifted to using the newer version.  An example of it is the
Emacs list commit hook.  Just because trying it seemed better than not trying
it.

I can simulate a push and cause it to generate an email but I have no more
time tonight to try it.  Later...

As far as the timestamps go...  Git does not save a history of changes and
does not keep track of when the branch was sync'd.  The timestamps shown are
the timestamps that were in the branch before in Jim's repository and then
pushed.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?109942>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/