Re: [savannah-help-public] FreeType: Mirror to GitHub

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] FreeType: Mirror to GitHub
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 14:18:48 -0600

address@hidden wrote:
> A friendly poke that this issue is still unsolved :)

I'm sorry.  I'm the one who was helping with the task and I have
stalled a little bit on the issue.  There just always seems to be
higher priority tasks.

> > It's been a few months now and I would really love to get going
> > with the GitHub mirror of FreeType before GitHub becomes unusable
> > due to M$ ... ;P Can we agree on a way to directly mirror the
> > repository in a server hook (simple + easy)?

Obviously at the moment working on the current abuse problem is the
higher priority task.  All I can say is that after I try to mitigate
the current problem then I will look again at the mirroring task.

Note that this is something that anyone could do from a 3rd party
server at any time.  They could always pull from one and push to the
other.  Cron would be sufficient.  But they could even use a diff-mail
hook to trigger the action upon event so that it happens rather
quickly when there is something committed.  That is one of the reasons
I have put this on a lower priority than other things.

Bob