[savannah-help-public] [sr #108917] fails to import cvs repository into

From: Nicolas Roche
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108917] fails to import cvs repository into git (mediatex project)
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 18:57:42 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
        Operating System: GNU/Linux
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hello,

I'm really sorry, I am trying to put the mediatex non-gnu project into a git
repository and I fails to follow the
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/UsingGit tutorial.

When converting,

$ git cvsimport -A ../authors.txt -p x -v -d:${myrepository}:/sources/$project
$module

I got :

$ git show-branch -a
* [master] debian package
 ! [cvs/HEAD] debian package
  ! [cvs/master] debian package
---
*++ [master] debian package

And I fails to remove the extra branches.
So, after pushing the project, I got the expected error on cloning but without
information on which branch to remove.

$ git push --tags -v address@hidden:/srv/git/mediatex.git

$ cd newDir
$ LANG=C git clone address@hidden:/srv/git/mediatex.git -v
warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.

Please, could you help me to setup the git repository for the mediatex non-gnu
project ?

Thanks you very much, I apologize as I'm still beginning with git.
Nicolas.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108917>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/