[savannah-help-public] [sr #108855] Website update not synchronizing cor

From: Carlos O'Donell
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108855] Website update not synchronizing correctly. Project web pages not updated correctly.
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 17:19:51 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Operating System: GNU/Linux
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

The glibc website update does not complete. This is a critical issue for
glibc. We need our documentation online to be live and updated for our 2.22
release at the end of the month.

After the final commit that triggers the site update the html_node directory
is still incomplete hours after the commit. The last test showed that after a
full day the directory was still not synchronized.

See:
http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/

There is no index.html, as there should be given the CVS layout here:
http://web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/libc/manual/html_node/?root=libc

The automation script we are using can be seen here:
http://web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/libc/manual/update-glibc-manual.sh?revision=1.6&root=libc&view=markup

There is nothing special about our automation except that it trigers a removal
of all the site html and then 30 minutes later the addition of the generated
new documents. The 30 minute delay was to test if perhaps gnu.org couldn't
handle a delete followed by a new manual push in quick succession.

Please help!

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108855>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/