Re: [savannah-help-public] Offering help

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Offering help
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 23:03:54 GMT

Hi John - thanks for writing (sorry I didn't catch up on the thread with
rms earlier).

There's not much Python in our world, but there is surely plenty of
stuff to do.  Here is a list of the outstanding support requests:
https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php

The documentation wiki, such as it is, is at
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance.
(One of the things we rather desperately need/want is to set up an
ikiwiki and migrate the pages from that current (Zope-based) wiki to
that, so we can understand it and back it up, etc.)

So ... if you think you can dive in and help with any of this on the
back end, let me know and we can get you access.  The (virtual) hosts
are all Debian-based (many wildly out of date, unfortunately).

There is also reviewing incoming project submissions:
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HowToBecomeASavannahHacker
but I'm guessing that might not be the best use of your skills, or
something you're especially eager to do :).

(Many thanks to all you guys reading this mail who continue to work on
the pending submissions, BTW!)

All the best,
Karl