[Savannah-help-public] Re: Savannah vm downtime

From: Danny Clark
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: Savannah vm downtime
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 12:35:22 -0500

Maxence DUNNEWIND wrote:
> Hi,
> I planned a downtime (about 10 min if everything goes well) for the savannah
> vm
> hosted by fsffrance, today or tomorrow (depending of your anwser). The goal is
> to migrate savannah vm from current server to the coreboot one at rennes
> (france).
>
> The detail is here : http://trac.fsffrance.org/wiki/SavannahMigrationPlan
> The current IP will be replaced (curent : 87.98.156.150, new : 86.65.39.29).
>
> The estimated downtime is only the time to shut down the old one and start the
> new one.
>
> Can you warn savannah hackers working on this vm about the maintenance? And
> let
> me know when I can perform it.

It's better to just email address@hidden for stuff like this I
think - from FSF Sys Admin POV we just like to know when downtime on
servers we host is going to happen after savannah-hackers have decided
on when to do it; we use http://identi.ca/group/fsfstatus for this,
however that group should not be used for stuff not hosted by FSF (US);
but you would of course be welcome to make a savannahstatus group or
something like that.

For last-minute stuff / more detailed emergancy updates / real-time
collab etc., esp. if Beuc happens to be around, #savannah on freenode
irc is also good.

Emailing me personally @fsf.org is not so good, as I may be on vacation
etc. (in fact I just came back from several days of vacation). Stuff for
FSF Sys Admin should always go to address@hidden, so whomever is on
call will see the request.

Cheers,
--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny