Re: [Savannah-help-public] CVS Instructions link -> https

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] CVS Instructions link -> https
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 18:27:13 +0100

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 12:31:53PM -0500, Karl Berry wrote:
> Right now, the navbar has a link to "CVS Instructions" which goes to an
> https url, with the obvious cert-madness consequences.  I suggest we
> delete it, or replace it with a page that gives links to instructions
> about all the supported version control systems, if there is one.

Hi.

I edited the web CVS repository:
http://web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/administration/content/gnu-content/?root=administration
which I already pointed afaicr.

I think you want to do a number of things by yourself, but forget how
to do it by the next time you need it.  Over-documenting it in the
wiki will make it harder to find info because of the noise effect, and
make it more likely to get outdated there.  So I'm wondering if you
have suggestions about this.

--
Sylvain