[Savannah-help-public] Beginner questions about gnuspeech

From: crbss46
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Beginner questions about gnuspeech
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 19:44:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

*** I'm not sure this is the right place to send this request, but if not I would highly appreciate redirection. Thanks. ***

I'm currently working on tone perception in Vietnamese and I came across gnuspeech. I have the following questions:

1. Does gnuspeech support any form of phonetic input? and more
importantly how to I input tone variations? Is there any documentation for this?

2. How to download gnuspeech? I'm not a computer expert and I don't
know what CVS repository refers to. Is there any link where I can get
all the required files zipped?

3. Can I get gnuspeech for a Mac OS X 10.5. What files do I need to
make it work?

4. Do I need Monet or Gnuspeech? What's the difference?

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Sincerely,
Claudio