Re: [Savannah-help-public] Re: Bounces

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Re: Bounces
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 18:57:11 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 09:04:50PM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > Dear Administrator,
>
> It's me too...
>
> > My list delivery from groff has been disabled a few times due to
> > excessive bounces.  My ISP advised that these posts are rejected at
> > their end, but they need to have a look at the header of a bounced
> > message to find out why the rejection occurred.  Could you please
> > give me a helping hand in this?
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have your last bouncing message.  Can someone
> from the Savannah hackers give advice?

Mailman does not store the bounce messages - or at least I didn't find
where. I see in the mailman logs that address@hidden is being
flagged as bouncing, but I don't have other information.

Perharps this user's ISP can check for messages sent to
address@hidden and directed to your mailing-list (in To: or
Cc:). Usually, when mail servers reject a message, they log the
address and the reason.

--