[Savannah-help-public] [sr #104923] Arch depot request

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #104923] Arch depot request
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 21:25:30 +0100

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Platform Version: None
             Open/Closed: Open

Details:

Hi,

i'm very very (very) pleased to learn that GNU Arch / tla support is finally
working. I've lately been using Arch intensively (
http://ufoot.hd.free.fr/depot/pub/2005-freesoftware/ ) and being able to do
so on Savannah is just great.

Just a remark: I usually make my archives signed, which I find much better
(this way I can make sure nothing is corrupt, I guess people at Savannah are
aware this is an important issue). So when creating my depots, I use:

tla make-archive --signed --listing

First option will create a signed archive, basically md5 checksums are
replaced by GPG signatures. It's a "per archive" option which does not seem
to be (des)activable. The archive is signed or not, it does no make sense to
sign half of the patches. That's why I'm requesting it from the beginning
8-)

Second option will activate the .listing files generation, which is very
convenient (required, to be exact) for people to access the depot through
http, without any webdav setup. http://arch.sv.gnu.org/archives/ is exactly
that kind of access I think, and without the .listing option it's of little
use. And of course this http access can be very usefull, for one cannot
always use sftp (when being behind a proxy for instance).

So here we go, should you create (with the "--signed" and "--listing"
options) the Arch depots for the 5 following projects:
- liquidwar
- liquidwar6
- pygpsweb
- u61
- uwikicms
I would just be the happy hacker of the day 8-)

If the --signed is a problem, well, better have a non signed depot than no
depot at all, but well, it's just an option, so... Same thing for --listing,
but for this one I guess that although the impact is less significant for the
depot, it would add value to generate this .listing for all projects, since it
would give even more sense to http://arch.sv.gnu.org/archives/

Thanks in advance,

Christian.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=104923>