[Savannah-help-public] [sr #104903] Wrong Content-Type for binaries

From: Larry Jones
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #104903] Wrong Content-Type for binaries
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 15:51:33 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Platform Version: None
             Open/Closed: Open

Details:

Our download area contains a number of gzipped executable files (e.g.,
http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/cvs/binary/feature/hppa-hpux/cvs-1.12.10-HP.gz).
When getting these files, the web server HTTP response headers include
(which causes most browsers to automatically unzip the file, frequently
without removing the .gz from the file name, which seriously confuses users
and makes the related signature files useless since they're for the gzipped
data. We really need these files to have an application/octet-stream content
type and no content encoding.

Carbon-Copy List:

CC Address                          | Comment
dpricemdb                           |

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=104903>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/