Re: [Savannah-help-public] cvs anonymous updates problem

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] cvs anonymous updates problem
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:41:57 +0200

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 12:39:45PM -0600, address@hidden wrote:
> Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > There might be incompatibilies between our OpenSSH server and your
> > (apparently proprietary) ssh package.
>

> > Is there any reason why you don't use the OpenSSH implementation for
> > GNU/Linux? I do not have any issue with it.
>
> Only that I don't have root privileges on this machine and it's set up this
> way.   I looked for an openssh on the machine and it's not installed.
>

> > Another question: could you tell exactly when this started happening?
> > We upgraded our SSH server, then we changed the SSH server
> > configuration to please some old ssh client versions. I wonder which
> > change triggered for your problem.
>
> It looks like I got a version aug 8th around 7:45 MDT.  By Aug 9th, it looks
> like I abandoned trying an update and went to try a fresh checkout.  At
> first, I was being asked for a password, and I didn't know one.  But now, it
> doesn't even ask for a password.
>
> Is there anything else I can try?  It looks like I have that same ssh on all
> machines:
> ssh: SSH Secure Shell 3.2.9.1 (non-commercial version) on i686-pc-linux-gnu

Ok, that's the server version. Some experienced the password request,
but it worked nonetheless after 3 tries.

I could not find material about this incompatibility, I'm afraid I'll
have to suggest you compile a version of OpenSSH in your user account.

Maybe you could check whether you client is configured to accept
password-based authentication though.

--
Sylvain