Re: [Savannah-help-public] emacs:lisp/textmodes/flyspell.el repository p

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] emacs:lisp/textmodes/flyspell.el repository problem
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 20:55:10 +0200

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 05:39:52AM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     The file looks good. Can you tell what issues made you think the file is
> corrupted?
>
> Here's the output from C-x v l.  It skips from version 1.50 to version
> 1.20.  There was clearly a version 1.46 in the past, since a branch is
> recorded from there, but it is gone now.

My C-x v l does show all revisions, including 1.46:
----
revision 1.46
date: 2002/05/08 15:26:47;  author: pj;  state: Exp;  lines: +3 -2
branches:  1.46.2;  1.46.8;
(make-flyspell-overlay): Add help text to flyspell overlays.
----

I am also able to checkout this version (among others)
$ cvs update -r 1.46 flyspell.el

I can also checkout version 1.1 which means CVS had access to all the
reverse deltas from the trunk.

The ViewCVS web interface confirms this:
Log:
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/lisp/textmodes/flyspell.el
Version 1.46:
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/emacs/emacs/lisp/textmodes/flyspell.el?rev=1.46

What version of CVS are you using?

> The sysadmins should have older backups, right?

I actually have few knowledge of the way the sysadmins works :/

--
Sylvain