Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of spm database user interface - savan

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of spm database user interface - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 23:18:53 +0100

Hi,

> simon manlay <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License: or "The Berkeley Database License", cause I use db in it ??

The Berkeley DB is released under a license that is compatible with
the GNU GPL. Hence, you can release your package under the GNU GPL.

> Package: spm database user interface
> System name: spmdb
> Type: non-GNU

> My project is to provide tools for storing and manipyulating data in berkeley
> db.
> Right now, I've a command line version which allow to add, delete, search and
> list data in a db. I serialized the datas in order to store more than one
> information behind a key.
> In future, there will be a GTK GUI interface, I'm working on it.
> I provide a library which implements fonctions like add_data; src_data which
> eventually may be usefull for developpers who wants quickly  manipulating dbs.
> Now, I'm on the first beta version, but It works fine and I use it for
> managing email addresses.
> here is the sources snapshot:
> http://www.solintech-info.com/simon/db-041107.tar.gz
>
> Other Software Required:
> tools: make, gcc, pkg-config
> libs: stdlibs, db, glib-2.0 and GTK-2.0

Can you precise what is stdlibs?

Also, the precise copyright notation should not be
Copyright (C) 2004 by Simon MANLAY
but
Copyright (C) 2004  Simon MANLAY
(check http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html for
details).

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

Regards,

--
Sylvain