Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Project Approved

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Project Approved
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:48:28 +0200

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 09:44:41AM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:
> Elfyn McBratney wrote:
>
> >In the mean time, we can create lists for you and link them to your project
> >on Savannah.  If you could give us the names of the lists you would like
> >created, an email address for the -owner alias and a description to be
> >displayed on the projects' mailing list page.

> setup for starters ? I'm also having a few other problems. When ever I
> try to add a new NEWS item, I wind up on some other project page called
> "figure".

Can you give me the exact URL of the page before the problem, and the
page of the problem?

Currenly there are 2 pending news items waiting for approval for
project GnuAE. You should also check them.

> I also checked in a new web site, but get an "access denied"
> when trying to go to the URL at http://gnu.org/software/gnuae. I have
> all the sources for the code now in CVS, which is working fine.

You lack an index.html file, and it seems www.gnu.org is configured
not to accept directory listing.

You can create a .symlink file for that task, containing:
gnuae.html index.html

>  For the mailing list, it'd be:
>
> gnuae   - For discussion of the GnuAE program, and alternate energy
> technologies.

For now, it would be easier to create one of the standard help-, info-
or bug- mailing list, as described in the e-mail from RMS.

I have to ask what whether the program name alone is accepted, and
also whether it can contain 'gnu'.

--
Sylvain