[Savannah-hackers] Re: [Savannah] libidn want to be a GNU package

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [Savannah] libidn want to be a GNU package
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 23:48:49 +0100

FYI, libidn is already part of GNU SASL (under the name libstringprep,
the name is being changed to libidn).  Since it is useful in other
applications too, I want to release separately as well as part of GNU
SASL.  I'm not sure if this requires another evaluation as a GNU
package.  Perhaps it is more work than necessary; I'd be happy to
release it standalone alongside GNU SASL so libidn need not be a GNU
project proper.  OTOH it might be useful to have libidn as part of the
GNU project too, as the standards' libidn implement is likely to
provide internationalization for many network protocols.